I bought a new 2016 Chevy Malibu which was to include 3 months of WiFi.When I checked the app on my phone it showed that I had 3 gb.
of data good until August 2016. The car was bought the 4th of June 2016. On the 6th of July I was informed by OnStar that the car was out of data. I checked the app on my phone and it showed that only 800mb had been used.
So I called OnStar to find out what was going on. I was advised that OnStar does not offer 3 Gb. Plans and that the car only has 1gb of data that is now all used up. I provided my credit card number when I first bought my car and the plan I accepted was that once the cars plan would renew each month for 1 gb after the 3 month plan was done.
I checked my credit card and saw that OnStar had charged my card for a data plan. So I checked the app again and it showed that I have 1gb of data with 0 mb used. No confused I called OnStar again and again I was told that the car was all out of data. I asked how can that be?
I have not even used the car for the last 3 days and new month should have brought another 1 gb of data. Apparently not. The OnStar advisor siad that she can only tell me what she sees on her screen and that the car is out of data. (1gb) and if I wanted more I would have to pay for it.
The phone went silent when I commented "What I have to pay twice". I informed her that I should still have 2.2Gb of data left. Even if it dished out on a 1gb block per month I should still have 2gb left. I then informed the OnStar lady that my credit card shows my card was billed by OnStar for my 3 month free data plan another charge and asked what that was for.
I was advised it was for the renewal of my OnStar on a monthly basis. Which renewed 2 days ago. I then explained if I my card was charged for another month why then do I not have any wifi in my car then. She again stated that she can only tell me what she sees on her screen.
That even after I have paid OnStar I still do not have any data. WTF. The final solution offered was that she would put in a heat ticket and some one will contact me in about 5 days. So far I am onto 4 days now and still no call.
After reading other comments on this site I know that I have been given the brush off. So I contacted my bank and advised them that OnStar has committed a fraud and there is a charge on my account for a service that has not been provided. Reluctantly the bank has agreed to reverse the charges and I have since cancelled my credit card. SO BUYER BEWARE....
GM's new WiFi in the car or truck is a big fraud.
All they want is your credit card number and after that they will try and milk you for something you will never get.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Ford without onstar
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Unreliability under new system
- Customer service incomplete disclosure
- Unreliability of new system
- Allow me to use my own data
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 10-31-13 my 22 year old son was involved in a serious high speed read end accident. He was sitting at a red light when hit by a Toyota SUV..."
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "New Brunswick- East Brunswick Aamco: Peter Fiorentino doubled the price quoted. The $129.00 unwritten diagnosis changed apropos of nothing as Peter used the Aamco script (google it) to express gloom..."
- "We contracted College Pro Painters to paint our 100 year old home in Edmonton. The inexperienced crew, used interior paint and interior drywall compound on the exterior walls. ..."
- "On Monday November 18, 2013 An employee of this business was videotaped initiating an act of Road Rage. This company was made aware of this incident yet failed to terminate..."
- "MAR 17/2015 GOT A NEW FRIDGE FROM SEARS THE FREEZER LEAKS WATER INTO THE FRIDGE THE DOOR HAS A DENT IN IT.THE SHELVE THAT CAME WITH THE FRIDGE THE SHELVE..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."