I bought a new 2016 Chevy Malibu which was to include 3 months of WiFi.When I checked the app on my phone it showed that I had 3 gb.
of data good until August 2016. The car was bought the 4th of June 2016. On the 6th of July I was informed by OnStar that the car was out of data. I checked the app on my phone and it showed that only 800mb had been used.
So I called OnStar to find out what was going on. I was advised that OnStar does not offer 3 Gb. Plans and that the car only has 1gb of data that is now all used up. I provided my credit card number when I first bought my car and the plan I accepted was that once the cars plan would renew each month for 1 gb after the 3 month plan was done.
I checked my credit card and saw that OnStar had charged my card for a data plan. So I checked the app again and it showed that I have 1gb of data with 0 mb used. No confused I called OnStar again and again I was told that the car was all out of data. I asked how can that be?
I have not even used the car for the last 3 days and new month should have brought another 1 gb of data. Apparently not. The OnStar advisor siad that she can only tell me what she sees on her screen and that the car is out of data. (1gb) and if I wanted more I would have to pay for it.
The phone went silent when I commented "What I have to pay twice". I informed her that I should still have 2.2Gb of data left. Even if it dished out on a 1gb block per month I should still have 2gb left. I then informed the OnStar lady that my credit card shows my card was billed by OnStar for my 3 month free data plan another charge and asked what that was for.
I was advised it was for the renewal of my OnStar on a monthly basis. Which renewed 2 days ago. I then explained if I my card was charged for another month why then do I not have any wifi in my car then. She again stated that she can only tell me what she sees on her screen.
That even after I have paid OnStar I still do not have any data. WTF. The final solution offered was that she would put in a heat ticket and some one will contact me in about 5 days. So far I am onto 4 days now and still no call.
After reading other comments on this site I know that I have been given the brush off. So I contacted my bank and advised them that OnStar has committed a fraud and there is a charge on my account for a service that has not been provided. Reluctantly the bank has agreed to reverse the charges and I have since cancelled my credit card. SO BUYER BEWARE....
GM's new WiFi in the car or truck is a big fraud.
All they want is your credit card number and after that they will try and milk you for something you will never get.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Ford without onstar
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Unreliability under new system
- Customer service incomplete disclosure
- Unreliability of new system
- Allow me to use my own data
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Dear Mr Bequary ,We spoke on 10/25/2014 concerning the second time this vehicle was not repaired properly. We spoke of the bad paint- job, and it's anomalies, the attempt..."
- "I visited Jiffy Lube Store #3399 in Arlington, TX, on November 8, 2015, for a regular oil change. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, and opted for full synthetic since..."
- "I went to dinner in the lower Greenville area of Dallas TX and went to a birthday party after. At 2:30 AM I discovered that I was towed from the..."
- "DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM BLOOMEX! it is a complete rip off!!! I ordered what was supposed to be a beautiful bouquet of lavender flowers in a vase and what..."
- "purchased both the script and install. They provided a script with no instruction manual so there's no way to know how to use this complex web script. Then they went..."
- "Told me that it was an SV nissan rogue. So i get interested, paying 206 b/w for an SV. But after 1month i found out that the car I got..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "Fedex Driver drinking on the job..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."