I bought a new 2016 Chevy Malibu which was to include 3 months of WiFi.When I checked the app on my phone it showed that I had 3 gb.
of data good until August 2016. The car was bought the 4th of June 2016. On the 6th of July I was informed by OnStar that the car was out of data. I checked the app on my phone and it showed that only 800mb had been used.
So I called OnStar to find out what was going on. I was advised that OnStar does not offer 3 Gb. Plans and that the car only has 1gb of data that is now all used up. I provided my credit card number when I first bought my car and the plan I accepted was that once the cars plan would renew each month for 1 gb after the 3 month plan was done.
I checked my credit card and saw that OnStar had charged my card for a data plan. So I checked the app again and it showed that I have 1gb of data with 0 mb used. No confused I called OnStar again and again I was told that the car was all out of data. I asked how can that be?
I have not even used the car for the last 3 days and new month should have brought another 1 gb of data. Apparently not. The OnStar advisor siad that she can only tell me what she sees on her screen and that the car is out of data. (1gb) and if I wanted more I would have to pay for it.
The phone went silent when I commented "What I have to pay twice". I informed her that I should still have 2.2Gb of data left. Even if it dished out on a 1gb block per month I should still have 2gb left. I then informed the OnStar lady that my credit card shows my card was billed by OnStar for my 3 month free data plan another charge and asked what that was for.
I was advised it was for the renewal of my OnStar on a monthly basis. Which renewed 2 days ago. I then explained if I my card was charged for another month why then do I not have any wifi in my car then. She again stated that she can only tell me what she sees on her screen.
That even after I have paid OnStar I still do not have any data. WTF. The final solution offered was that she would put in a heat ticket and some one will contact me in about 5 days. So far I am onto 4 days now and still no call.
After reading other comments on this site I know that I have been given the brush off. So I contacted my bank and advised them that OnStar has committed a fraud and there is a charge on my account for a service that has not been provided. Reluctantly the bank has agreed to reverse the charges and I have since cancelled my credit card. SO BUYER BEWARE....
GM's new WiFi in the car or truck is a big fraud.
All they want is your credit card number and after that they will try and milk you for something you will never get.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Ford without onstar
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Unreliability under new system
- Customer service incomplete disclosure
- Unreliability of new system
- Allow me to use my own data
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that. This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a..."
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "why my order to late to arrive ? it should arrive at my home at 12 January , i already call Lazada and Lazada already promise that my order will..."
- "Drive With Pride - August 2016 Mini Cooper 2010- Had Check Engine light come on when driving vehicle home. Tried to return car, as stated below “72” hour buy back..."
- "We purchased a two couches that were a mixed leather blend as well as a 5 Year Warranty that went along with it. The salesman at the time assured us..."
- "I booked an online vacation package from Expedia.ca for 2 Adults and 1 three year old in Jan 2014. I booked this package from Edmonton to Maui. Since Expedia rated..."
- "Bought a $76 bouquet. This is what was delivered. Not quite like the picture ..."
- "My wife and I purchased an agio patio dining set and it came out of the box with the protective cover having a tear on the seam. Agio sepcifically provides..."