Onstar - FRAUD ALERT....!

11 of 63 Onstar reviews

I bought a new 2016 Chevy Malibu which was to include 3 months of WiFi.When I checked the app on my phone it showed that I had 3 gb.

of data good until August 2016. The car was bought the 4th of June 2016. On the 6th of July I was informed by OnStar that the car was out of data. I checked the app on my phone and it showed that only 800mb had been used.

So I called OnStar to find out what was going on. I was advised that OnStar does not offer 3 Gb. Plans and that the car only has 1gb of data that is now all used up. I provided my credit card number when I first bought my car and the plan I accepted was that once the cars plan would renew each month for 1 gb after the 3 month plan was done.

I checked my credit card and saw that OnStar had charged my card for a data plan. So I checked the app again and it showed that I have 1gb of data with 0 mb used. No confused I called OnStar again and again I was told that the car was all out of data. I asked how can that be?

I have not even used the car for the last 3 days and new month should have brought another 1 gb of data. Apparently not. The OnStar advisor siad that she can only tell me what she sees on her screen and that the car is out of data. (1gb) and if I wanted more I would have to pay for it.

The phone went silent when I commented "What I have to pay twice". I informed her that I should still have 2.2Gb of data left. Even if it dished out on a 1gb block per month I should still have 2gb left. I then informed the OnStar lady that my credit card shows my card was billed by OnStar for my 3 month free data plan another charge and asked what that was for.

I was advised it was for the renewal of my OnStar on a monthly basis. Which renewed 2 days ago. I then explained if I my card was charged for another month why then do I not have any wifi in my car then. She again stated that she can only tell me what she sees on her screen.

That even after I have paid OnStar I still do not have any data. WTF. The final solution offered was that she would put in a heat ticket and some one will contact me in about 5 days. So far I am onto 4 days now and still no call.

After reading other comments on this site I know that I have been given the brush off. So I contacted my bank and advised them that OnStar has committed a fraud and there is a charge on my account for a service that has not been provided. Reluctantly the bank has agreed to reverse the charges and I have since cancelled my credit card. SO BUYER BEWARE....

GM's new WiFi in the car or truck is a big fraud.

All they want is your credit card number and after that they will try and milk you for something you will never get.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service
    • Unreliability under new system
    • Customer service incomplete disclosure
    • Unreliability of new system
    • Allow me to use my own data

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #880693

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Onstar? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
11 of 63 Onstar reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Onstar. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Onstar.
Filing a new complaint about
×