Onstar - Offered Services then they took them back

I received an email from onstar that I could purchase just the navigation for $100 for one year.I logged in to my account found my way to the "add on's" offered to me and made my purchase.

I received an email confirmation thanking me for my purchase and detailing the transaction. Three weeks later I got a letter telling me the monthly automatic payments of $36 would start being charged to my credit card. I never authorized any payments of any kind. I called customer service to get this stopped and was told by the rep this was an error, I was also informed that my $100 had been refunded to my cc account and they could not honor the navigation $100/1 yr.

offer. Sure enough I saw when I checked my credit card account activity they took the $100 for the navigation offer then 5 days later, with no notification to me, they refunded the money and took away the navigation service. After 4 to 5 hours of phone calls to them over the next several days, with about 1.5 to 2 of those hours on hold, they said they were sorry and gave me one free month. Are you KIDDING ME.

A corporation is allowed to offer a service , take your money, then decide they don't want to fulfill their agreement? I feel the purchase was a legal binding contract and they backed out. I still don't know why they reneged on their offer, not one of the reps or supervisors could explain. This company has the worst customer ethic, violates their contracts then puts you on hold for two hours.

I would like to remind OnStar that they solicited me with the $100 navigation for a year offer, I did not call them and beg or request it.

What other company would have the gall to offer you a deal then 5 days later take it back, not tell you , then say well we don't why?OnStar is THE WORST

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 03 #1105821

If Onstar is NOT the worst in service ..they are at least a close second( my personal experience)

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Onstar. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Onstar.
Filing a new complaint about